Choker is a close-fitted ornament which is worn high up on the neck by women. It traces its origin to one of the world’s most early civilization – Ancient Egypt. It was during 19th century that fashion for chokers became high on trend and women were noticed adorning chokers made of various materials like lace, leather, silver, gold etc. Chokers became an essential fashion accessory back in 90’s and women were seen rocking this style with elegance.
Chokers are a fine example that there are some trends which we would like to hold on to and not let them fade with time. This is one such ornament which can swing in between western and ethnic style with ease. Indian traditional chokers are the most versatile of all adding the right amount of bling and style! Let’s explore some of our favourite and trending choker designs this season.
1. Gold Choker Necklace: The moment we hear gold choker we visualise a broad choker which is bejewelled with embellishments, this image holds true for yesteryears, these days new age designers have innovative minimalist choker designs which are perfect for dress down days. You can team a plain gold choker necklace in chain model with small charm pendant even with your jeans and tee, and if you want to stand out in the crowd, then stack the minimal choker band and chains. This layering is very feminine, delicate and highlights your slender neck line.
For special and auspicious occasions like weddings or anniversaries, to achieve an opulent look, go for designs with intricate mesh work, floral motifs studded with precious and semi-precious stones. Currently the nation’s favourite is a kundan choker which is a staple for any big fat Indian wedding.
2. Silver Choker Necklace: Silver choker are a popular choice among the young and free-spirited lot! If you are someone who has no love for flashy ornaments, then silver choker is the best option to add that sultry, smouldering look. We swear by the colourful bohemian designs which go very well with Indo-western outfits or you can choose to go all silver chunky choker with a plain black or white saree for a bolder appeal.
3. Plush Pearl Choker Necklace: Pearls have always been associated with royalty and riches. They are the current favourite of our Bollywood celebrities, from Sonam Kapoor, Deepika Padukone to Kangana Ranaut these beauties have created ripples on red carpet in pearl choker look.
The best part of this design is that these can be worn with a chiffon saree or an off-shoulder evening gown, creating the same magic and drama. Various patterns of pearl chokers are available these days, be sure to check out the latest ones on www.vaibhavjewllers.com.
4. Dazzling Diamond Choker Necklace: Add a dash of sparkle and colour to your monochrome outfit or cocktail gown with diamond, ruby and emerald choker. Diamond choker can never go unnoticed, it makes every head turn when a woman sways in this magnificence.
Diamond choker is a chic option which you can pair with a sweetheart evening gown, heavy lehenga or even a saree. We recommend that you do up your hair and wear really small earrings, and let your diamond choker steal the thunder.
5. Lace Choker: The detailed dainty lace when worn around the neck adds an oomph factor. Lace and leather choker add a 90’s punk and are best suited with low cut tops or crop tops and a high ponytail. You can be creative and have a lace choker designed with multiple-layered chains holding pearls, this is hypnotic and takes your fashion sense to the next level.
Break the norms and experiment with your looks, and if you don’t know where to find the best gold choker necklace designs then look no further than Vaibhav Jewellers. They are a leading and most trusted brand name in south India. Spread across various states in Andhra Pradesh and Telengana, they are proud of their unique craftsmanship. They have an astounding association with over 400+ finest Karigars across India to fulfil the ever-changing customer needs. Their customer centric approach makes them one of the most favourite brands for all generations. You can explore a range of gold and diamond ornaments on their official website https://www.vaibhavjewellers.com/ and if you are someone who likes to keep it traditional, then don’t forget to check their gold haram designs range.
Vaibhav Jewellers hasn’t left any stone unturned to provide the best customer service, from giving special privilege discounts, free returns for online purchases, express shipping options for domestic and international customers, live video shopping are a few to name, through which have taken the online shopping to next level!
So, next time if you are attending a wedding, going on a dinner date, or simply going pandal hopping this Durga Pooja with friends, don’t shy away from wearing a choker and light up your mood.