Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education has launched a new service (Education Malaysia Global Services “EMGS”) making it easier for international students to apply for a student’s visa for those who are planning to study in Malaysia.
Indian students who receive an admission letter from a public university in Malaysia Private Higher Education Institution then they may go ahead and apply for the student’s Visa through the EMGS website (educationmalaysia.gov.my).
Students also have the option to apply through their institute.
Student’s Pass/ Visa
International students get a student pass on a yearly basis in the form of Multiple Entry Visa., if they applied for and got into an educational institute approved by the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
Documents required for the Student Pass
You will be needing following set of documents in order to get a new student pass:
· Original copy of offer letter from the Malaysian University / Institute.
· A signed copy of IMM14 completed and downloaded from EMGS.
· 2 passport size photographs with blue background with dimensions 3.5*5CMs
· A copy of all certified pages of passport.
· A passport valid for at least a year from the day you enter Malaysia.
· A copy of academic and other certificates certified as per requirement of the EMGS or by the IHE if the IHE has seen the original certificates or the original certified true copy.
· Pre-arrival Medical Examination Report from India.
· Typed or hand written personal bond form that should be stamped.
Once the EMGS receives your application, your students pass would be ready within 14 working days. You can also download their app to track the process.
Cost of Malaysian Student Visa
The cost of a Malaysian student visa varies with a lot of factors influencing it such as candidate’s choice of institute, type of their health insurance and so on.
Work permit in Malaysia
There are several limitations on the terms of jobs students can do on their student pass.
First of all, they are only allowed to work part time for a maximum of 20 hours per week only during semester breaks or holidays of more then 7 days. They are only allowed to work in Restaurants, Petrol Kiosks, Mini Markets and Hotels.
They are permitted to work as a cashier, masseur, musician, GRO and any other activities deemed immoral as per the Malaysian law.
Documents required for work permit
· Visa application form filled completely and duly signed by the applicant.
· Passport valid for at least 9 months from the date of entry into Malaysia.
· 2 passport size recent photographs against a white background pasted (not stapled) on the application form.
· A typed covering letter from the applicant stating purpose of the visit.
· Letter from the company/ Institute in Malaysia.
· Work permit approval from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. (unopened Sealed copy)
· Confirmed Air ticket.
· Original copy of VDR approval Letter from Malaysian immigration department
· An Entry visa issued and period of stay is granted at the time of entry into Malaysia.