Complaining is what we as public have learned to do & asking questions to society's problems has become an overall fashion. Today as a member of the same complaining & questioning society, I take it as my responsibility to suggest a solution.
The solution is to our Police & Judicial reforms is as follows:
1. FIR has to be lodged directly with the judiciary via an All India Police ERP system which connects all courts & police stations pan Bharat.
2. FIR can be lodged online, in any police station or on a mobile app portal which connects the public to the system.
3. The online app will immediately notify the FIR to the concerned police station, Police SHO, DCP office till DIG of police.
4. The AI based system will itself allocate the FIR to the concerned investigation officer.
5. All investigation officers will work & report on an online investigation system, a common platform having a dedicated system based menu & sub menus in the system which will have a committed step by step procedure set for the investigation officer to follow, report & progress. It will also incorporate All Bharat Criminal Data, Court Cases etc. An Automatic time-bound reporting & completion of investigation will be the norm. The AI based system will automatically guide the investigation officer & report both his compliances & non compliances. The system will have various checks & measures like forensics, uploading evidence in digital format etc. The Aadhaar based system will bring in accountability & transparency for all in the AI based system. Depending on the IPC sections involved the AI system will itself investigate the case with the investigating officer only helping the system in following the steps generated by it. The system will allocate the various IPS sections connected with the case, compile the data & the investigation officer has to generate the required evidence for the system in accordance with the system's requirements. After the investigation is in progress or over the system will generate the report for the courts to follow.
6. The judgements will be system generated after the judge & court staff have completed the set procedures pertaining to the case in their set Dems. The AI will process the data to dispense the judgements & generate bail or further escalation. The judgement will be authenticated by a panel if need be online.
7. The moment the court receives the case online, the system will automatically allocate the case to a Judge hence officially recognising the incase as registered.
8. The system will automatically allocate the case at random to a list of advocates specialising in the concerned case type.this will ensure transparency in the system as all advocates will get a fair chance to get cases.
9. The system will automatically decide the time allotted for judgement &
10. The system will incorporate payment procedure for advocates fees, court fees, etc.
11. The advocate fees will be fixed by the govt. A part of the advocate fees will go for Advocates welfare, Bar association, pension & medical facilities.
12. The procedure will be transparent & once the litigant selects his advocate then the advocate will have to comply & deliver. The litigants will rate the advocates service which will help the advocate & also have a procedure of refunding a part of fees.
13. The witnesses, digital as well as hard copy evidence, proofs, will be digitally processed. Witness will be cross examined & then his authentication with his recorded and vudence incorporated. Police has to encrypt the digital evidence along with forensic Proof. Forensic labs pan Bharat too will be interconnected & connected to the case via the ERP system.
14. Automatic transfer of case to higher courts & similar procedure followed.
15. The higher court will decide it as acceptable or not.
16. Police arrest, remand, interrogation will be online & in video camera to avoid third degree confessions. The AI based forensics will be the deciding factor.
17. Medical,Compensation etc will digitally organised.
18. On completion of the case, the AI system will automatically grade the judge, police, advocate etc & add to their appraisals.
19. No more the fees will be a deciding factor in dispensing judgements. Good advocates will automatically be graded by the system itself on the basis of factors like judicial appraisals, time taken to decide the case & clients feedback.
20. Police investigation officers appraisal will be similar as above.
21. Low performance, non conviction etc will automatically reflect on the police officers service records. 5 non conviction, delays etc will lead to disciplinary action.
22. Good performance by lawyers, judges, staff will be online available to the public with all India ratings.
23. Only good lawyers will make judges after passing the exams etc.
24. Quality judgements will be highlighted online.
25. The fees will be collected by the courts & then paid to the lawyers vide a noble tax-free system. Litigants & clients will not be able to directly pay the advocate.
26. Direct payments will be considered illegal hence attract penalties, fines & punishment.
27. The AI based legal system will also incorporate automatic changes in existing laws & bring in new ones as per the challenges posed by the society's sambient social structure & demand.
28. Judges will have AI to give valid judgements. AI will look into an all Bharat data base of cases, history sheets etc to bring about logical algorithm based decision cum judgements.
I hope all these points will bring in the much needed judicial cum police reforms in a scientific & logical way. It will bring fairness & reliability to our judiciary. Improve image of our legal & policing systems & do away with Corruption. Jai Bharat.