Insomnia Deal With Natural Ways
Posted by :
on | Oct 22,2012
Insomnia is the inability to obtain an adequate amount or quality of sleep. In our busy world, many of us view sleep a bit of a waste of time. During sleep, from outside our body may look inactive, but, from inside there’s a lot going on. Sleep is the time during which we recollect physical and mental energies expended during the day time. Also, during the sleep, the body undergoes processes of detoxification and repair. Those who sleep for longer, live for longer.
Inadequate Sleep Can Lead To :
1. Problems with learning and memory.
2. Poor concentration.
3. Low mood and fatigue.
5. Poor immune system.
Causes Of Insomnia
People suffer from insomnia for many reasons including stress from job, personal problems or dealing with a crying baby. A lot of people who suffer from sleep troubles will turn to drinking lots of caffeine-loaded drinks such as tea or coffee. These when taken at bed time, will prevent you from having a good night sleep.
If your mind is busy with worry then it’s very difficult for your body to relax. Many people work during night also if you live near an airport or in a built-up area then the constant noise will surely stop you from sleeping properly. Apart from lifestyle factors, medical conditions can also cause insomnia.
Insomnia Can Be :
Short term : Which usually continues for 2-3 weeks, can be caused by worry or stress.
Chronic Insomnia : This is when you suffer from disturbed sleep for at least 3 nights per week for a month or more. This is the form of insomnia where you really need to find out the underlying causes and problems are.
Over To Counter Medications For Insomnia
Beware! Over to counter medications available in just about every drug store only provide a quick fix for falling asleep. These may be successful as an insomnia treatment in the short term, but if used periods beyond a few days they can cause other health problems. These medications are not intended for long term use and they can interfere with your daily activities and general health.
Some common Side Effects Of These Drugs Include :
4. Drug tolerance, requiring a larger does to have the same effect, can cause dependency on the sleeping aids.
5. Negative interaction with other drugs.
Learn Natural Ways
1. Try not to nap during the day.
2. Establish a regular time each day for going to bed and for getting up. Try to stick to those times.
3. Avoid obvious stimulants before bedtime such as caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.
4. Have a light snack close to bedtime rather than a full meal.
5. Magnesium is a natural sleep-inducing element and is found in legumes, dark leafy vegetables, raw almonds and whole grains.
6. Raw honey is a good wholesome and natural food for promoting sleep. Take 2 teaspoons in a large cup of water or add to a cup of Chamomile tea.
7. Drink plenty of fluids but avoid too much just before bedtime.
8. Exercise regularly but not within 3 hours of bedtime.
9. Ensure you have a comfortable bed, in a comfortable room with the minimum of light, noise and extremes of temperature. The room should be well ventilated.
10. Turn that clock away from you so that you are not tempted to keep checking the time.
11. If you cannot fall asleep within a reasonable time of going to bed, then read quietly until you feel tired.
12. If you are distracted or kept awake by a sleeping partner, arrange for some nights in separate rooms while you are getting into the sleep habit.
13.Use a natural treatment for insomnia made from pure essential oils.
See Your Doctor
Although natural remedies can go a long way to helping with your insomnia, always check with a doctor if the situation doesn't improve. Also be aware that many herbs and essential oils can negatively interact with any medication you may already be taking for other ailments. Take care.